I have 3 queues. I want:
all.q lowest priority
mid.q middle
hig.q highest

I can solve this problem only with subordinate list?
qconf -sq hig.q
subordinate_list  all.q=1, mid.q=1
qconf -sq mid.q
subordinate_list  all.q=1

On 1/12/2012 2:04 PM, William Hay wrote:
On 12 January 2012 11:41, Semi<s...@bgu.ac.il>  wrote:
I need to setup high and low priority queues for the same nodes.

I preferred to make it without subordinate lists.
I know, that the following parameters are dealing with this:
seq_no                10
The seq_no is used to determine which queue  a job will run in.

priority              20
If I'm right please explain me the meaning of numbers,
Whether you are right depends on what you mean by high and low
priority queues.

This is the nice value.  What this means in practice is that if there
are more processes/threads running on the node than there are
cores/threads to service them then the jobs with the lower nice value
will get more of the available CPUtime.

if no correct me.