Hello all,

I have a question about how the qsub command can be use to indicate to the grid
that the submitted script will use a specific number of CPU.
The idea is that we are using genomic alignment tools that are software coded
to manage multi-threading. The user decide on how many thread the genomic
alignment will be launched and the software generate the required number of
thread to execute the computation.
So, when the users use the qsub command to launch such software, they decide
the number of CPU to use. Often they use 10 CPU. Since the exec nodes have 16
CPU each, the grid should be informed that no more than one of those script
should run at a time on each node.
Is it possible to add an option in the qsub command to indicate the grid how
many CPU (slots) the script will consume?

I have read plenty of doc on parallel environment and I made some tests but it
seems that this is not what I need (if I understand well, PE will dispatch the
script on multiple CPU while in my case the software itself manage its
multi-threading).

Does anybody can tell me if there is a solution for that situation?

Thanks a lot in advance

regards

Lionel