Hello,

On our computing grid, we are running Son of Grid Engine
version 8.1.8.

I'm doing some statistics on our grid usage.

About IO usage (field 39), man 5 accounting says:
"The amount of data transferred in input/output operations
 in GB (if available, otherwise 0).  On Linux, this is
 summed over calls to read(2), pread(2), write(2), and
 pwrite(2); thus it includes i/o via cache, and may not
 reflect data actually written to filing system."

Our scientists do mainly machine learning, video, audio
recognition and such processing. I'd like to have an idea
of how our IO infrastructure is used by the jobs. My
concern is about separating what is local cache/tmp IO
traffic and "real" disk IO traffic. Has someone defined
something like a "typical usage ratio" between cache and
data transfer ?

Best regards
Norbert