Hi,

The parallel environment sharedmem in our grid environment is defined as
follows,

pe_name           sharedmem
slots             4
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /bin/true
stop_proc_args    /bin/true
allocation_rule   $pe_slots
control_slaves    FALSE
job_is_first_task TRUE
urgency_slots     min

We are trying to submit the job using

qsub -b y -sync y -N ip_compile -V -cwd -q test.q -l h_vmem=1G -pe sharedmem 4
sleep 20

Ideally the job should allocate 4 slots on the same execution host, but we find
the job status as

job_args:                   20
script_file:                sleep
parallel environment:  sharedmem range: 4
scheduling info:            cannot run in PE "sharedmem" because it only offers
0 slots

Can you please help in finding the issue.

Regards,
Sudha
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The
viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com