On 12/5/2015 11:02 AM, Reuti wrote:
Is gpu set to FORCED on your case?

No.

The one major difference between my setup and Rajil is that I just have one single all.q queue defined, with only a few of the hosts having GPUs (and the complex variable gpu=1 set for those hosts).

One way to do it would be to use a TRUE/FALSE for the gpu value but doing it that way won't ensure that only one job has access to the gpu at the same time. In other words, if one job only used 8 cpu slots and needed the gpu, nothing would prevent another job from also running on the same host and also trying to the gpu.

However, assigning gpu as a number (ie, gpu=1 for the one card in the host) also seems to imply that the gpu can only be used by one cpu slot. If you request multiple cpu slots, it seems to only allow the gpu to be assigned to one of those slots, and can't tell that the other 7 cpu slots may also belong to the same job, if requesting pe_lots=8 and gpu=1 for example. This makes sense in a way, but ultimately what I am hoping to figure out is how to assign a single gpu to an entire multicpu job per machine, not just to a single cpu slot per machine.

Does this make sense?

-Dj