On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 10:17:16PM +0100, Reuti wrote:

> Am 25.01.2016 um 20:34 schrieb Skylar Thompson:
>
> > Yep, we use functional tickets to accomplish this exact goal. Every user
> > gets 1000 functional tickets via auto_user_fshare in sge_conf(5), though
> > your exact number will depend on the number tickets and weights you have
> > elsewhere in your policy configuration.
>
> Also the waiting time should be set to 0, and less importance of the urgency
> (as the default is to give 1000 per slot in the complex configuration - this
> means more slots results in being more important):
>
> weight_user                       0.900000
> weight_project                    0.000000
> weight_department                 0.000000
> weight_job                        0.100000
> weight_tickets_functional         1000000
> weight_tickets_share              0
> share_override_tickets            TRUE
> share_functional_shares           TRUE
> max_functional_jobs_to_schedule   200
> report_pjob_tickets               TRUE
> max_pending_tasks_per_job         50
> halflife_decay_list               none
> policy_hierarchy                  F
> weight_ticket                     1.000000
> weight_waiting_time               0.000000
> weight_deadline                   3600000.000000
> weight_urgency                    0.100000
> weight_priority                   1.000000
> max_reservation                   32
> default_duration                  8760:00:00

We actually do weight waiting time, but at half the value of both
functional and urgency tickets. We then give big urgency boosts to
difficult-to-schedule jobs (i.e. lots of memory or CPUs in one spot). It
took us a while to arrive at a decent mix of short-run / small jobs vs
long-run / big jobs, and it definitely will be a site-dependent decision.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skyl...@u.washington.edu)
-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354