> Am 10.03.2016 um 10:45 schrieb William Hay <w....@ucl.ac.uk>:
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 08:19:35AM +0000, sudha.penme...@wipro.com wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>

>>   Is it possible to keep an old queue name (test.q) we have deleted already
>>   as an alias name for the newly created queue(prod.q).
>>

>>   This way we could continue to work with old scripts.
> Grid Engine doesn't have direct support for this AFAICT hHowever you can
> rewrite
> the requested queue from a JSV.  Depending on where you put the jsv you might
> have
> to add a dummy test.q to convince grid engine to accept the queue.

BTW: This is something I wondered about. GridEngine will check whether the
requests are allowed and known before and after the JSV is run. This leads to
exactly the situation that a dummy queue is needed. Would there be any flaw if
the internal check by GridEngine is done only after the JSV has run? This would
allow the JSV to correct any mis-submission and/or pseudo/dummy/alias to be
resolved, being it names of queues or complexes.

-- Reuti