I could be wrong Chris but I think the prolog runs in a separate parent/child
process tree than the job.  You could put this kind of functionality into a
starter_method where it does the NFS mounts and chroot actions then just runs
the job script.  the $JOB_ID will be in the environment and you can just take
the rest of the command line arguments with $@ and pass them through.  For an
example of ‘something similar’ not exactly what you asked about but similar,
have a look at Daniel Gruber’s blog entry:
http://gridengine.eu/index.php/grid-engine-internals/226-using-open-containers-with-runc-in-a-univa-grid-engine-compute-cluster-2014-06-28

I see that Fritz replied as well with a slightly different answer.

Regards,

Bill.

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 7:00 AM, Chris Dagdigian <d...@sonsorol.org> wrote:
>

> Hey folks -- need my brain refreshed on prolog behavior ...
>
> Trying to figure out if a prolog script would be suitable for dramatically
> changing the execution environment -- doing things like NFS filesystem
> unmounts or chroot actions so that an incoming job would execute in the
> changed environment.
>
> I can see the prolog running as 'me' and as a child of the sge_shepherd
> daemon but I don't have enough of a test lab setup to confirm that the prolog
> is running on the execution host and if the parent/child process relationship
> is such that chroot jail actions performed by a prolog would be where the
> jobscript ends up running....
>
> Anyone have a quick answer? Thanks!
>
> Chris

William Bryce | VP Products
Univa Corporation, Toronto
E: bbr...@univa.com | D: 647-9742841 | Toll-Free (800) 370-5320
W: Univa.com | FB: facebook.com/univa.corporation | T: twitter.com/Grid_Engine