Dear Reuti

Le 29/06/2016 à 16:34, Reuti a écrit :
Hi,

Am 30.06.2016 um 03:39 schrieb Jerome <jerome at ibt.unam.mx>:

Dear Reuti

Thank's for your answer. I use SGE for a while, and don't realize what you
explain here with -now yes ....

It specifies whether the job must start immediately, or can start at any later point in time (`man qsub`).

My jobs don't use -now yes, so there will run at any time later.. As that indicate the manual of qsub, -now n is the default for qsub.

That's said, my job don't use this option. But, with your comment, I geban to suspect
about my PE named "thread", that permits use PE with thread programs. Here is
it definition:

# qconf -sp thread
pe_name            thread
slots              64
user_lists         NONE
xuser_lists        NONE
start_proc_args    /bin/true
stop_proc_args     /bin/true
allocation_rule    $pe_slots
control_slaves     FALSE
job_is_first_task  FALSE
urgency_slots      min
accounting_summary TRUE

I don't really see what in this configuration make that my jobs run in the express queue,
that is, act as "-now yes". If i don't use this PE, with on core, the program
run in... the default queue all.q . So the problem seems to be in this PE.

Don't attach the PE to the express.q and it won't run there.Hi,

That's a do at end. But i can't understand why this issue occurs. Nothing seems to indicate that a job want to run inmediatly when using this PE.

Thank's.

--
-- Jérôme
Alors, le monsieur a arrété de sourire et ça lui allait bien,