Am 10.08.2016 um 21:46 schrieb MacMullan IV, Hugh:

> Hi Ulrich:
>
> I haven't gone past openmpi v1.10, but you'll likely want to change
> 'control_slaves' in your PE conf to 'TRUE', to signal that you have tight
> integration. https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=sge (and probably
> 'job_is_first_task' to 'FALSE')

Although 'job_is_first_task' set to 'FALSE' is also listed at the Open MPI
website, the usually MPI programming will use rank 0 and so it's save to have
it set to TRUE here. Originally it limited the number of allowed `qrsh -inherit
...` calls to the slaves (or even locally on the master node of the parallel
job) at times of MPICH(1) (will it allow [n] or [n-1] calls, also to check
proper programming by this). Nowadays Open MPI will start only one daemon per
exechost by `qrsh -inherit ...` and the granted limit won't be reached anyway.

-- Reuti