Hi Reuti and Skylar,

Sorry for misspelling your name last time, Skylar.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 08:56 AM PDT, Reuti wrote:
> > Am 25.04.2019 um 17:41 schrieb Mun Johl <mun.j...@kazan-networks.com>:
> >
> > Hi Skyler, Reuti,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply.
> > Please see my comments below.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 08:03 AM PDT, Reuti wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> There is a man page about it:
> >>
> >> man accounting
> >
> > Well, I _did_ look at that prior to posting but I guess I just didn't
> > see the keywords I was looking for.  So maybe I'll just ask the specific
> > questions regarding my confusion.
> >
> > WALLCLOCK is pretty well defined by ru_wallclock.  So that's basically
> > the total wall clock time the job was on the execution host.
> >
> > UTIME is user time used.
> > STIME is system time used.
> >
> > Should (UTIME + STIME) >= WALLCLOCK?  It isn't in my case and is mainly
> > why I am confused.  Or perhaps process wait time is not included?
>
> You mean in case of a parallel application? You set "accounting_summary" to
> "true" and get only a single record back?
>
> This depends how the used CPU time is acquired by the OS (and whether all
> created processes are taken into account, even if they jump out of the
> process tree [like with `setsid`]). More reliable is the CPU time collected
> by SGE by the additional group ID.

Actually, we aren't running a parallel application yet.

I think the answers you two have provided satisfies my confusion.  I
mainly just need to know the wallclock time spent per project.

Thank you again for your informative and quick replies.

Regards,

--
Mun