Curious...it worked on both my Windows 10 home machine and my Windows 7
work machine.  What's you're JAVA_HOME environment variable set to?  Is it
a JDK?

I'm thinking maybe your JAVA_HOME isn't set, and you can't pass where Java
is as an arg because groovy.c
<https://github.com/groovy/groovy-native-launcher/blob/master/source/groovy.c>
doesn't
take any args for groovyConsole.  I've been meaning to update the native
binaries, we've been in need of some changes for a while.  But first I
wanted to move it over to GNU Make so we can actually reliably build these
things (or change to Launch4j -- I'm not sure I get the original author's
objections to that idea).  I just haven't gotten it done yet...

In the mean time, I'd look at setting your JAVA_HOME, or j.ust keep using
the batch file.

-Keegan