> I really would like to see a gradle DSL example in Kotlin that cannot made
> static checked in Groovy. Because things like accessing dynamic properties
> won´t work in Kotlin as well.
>
> I made it very clear in my blog post: the Kotlin DSL is based on a new API
that the static Groovy DSL could use too. That's not an issue. But Kotlin
makes it significantly easier for IDEs because it is statically compiled,
and therefore there's absolutely no need for an external DSL descriptor:
all the constructs of the language, like extension methods or static
builders are first class language features. The issue is, IDE support for
Groovy is lacking (Groovy Eclipse is dead, IntelliJ needs to know specifics
of static Gradle/Groovy scripts, ...)

We can discuss that during GR8Conf if you will. GDSL is definitely not an
option: it's far from being enough, and too slow. And it wouldn't solve the
issues with the current DSL. So a new DSL is designed, and Kotlin has been
chosen because it's static first and has supported IDEs (both IDEA and
Eclipse). I can make a static Groovy DSL, it wouldn't change this fact.