if I can suggest, this will take in the order of months of dedicated effort
from a small team to get running smoothly.

The core groovy team don't have the ability (ie, time) to organise this,
which is why it's gone by the wayside.

My suggestion is that those who are asking how to help should look to self
organise. Set up a mailing list and dedicated slack channel, get all those
who are involved in there and start to grind through setting up the
environment, making small fixes etc. Bring in the core team when you can't
progress.

it's going to be a chunk of work. The eclipse api and how to integrate with
it will be te rub. Groovy eclipse has a bunch of patches that dig into the
compiler to catch errors, handle failures and present that into the UI, so
you'll need to start understanding the groovy compiler, and also the
eclipse api.

I'd say, get the code and start beating the crap out of it over a weekend
with anyone else that shows an interest, see where you get?

David.

--

David Dawson | CEO | Simplicity Itself

Tel +44 7866 011 256