I guess the Groovy 3.0/3.0-- (aka 2.6) syntax elements support will be
switchable in IntelliJ, anything else would make little sense to me.But we have
the expert on this mailing list, who should be able to tell us... :-)mg
-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: "Daniel.Sun" <sun...@apache.org>
Datum: 21.03.18  17:10  (GMT+01:00) An: us...@groovy.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Groovy 3 lambda, method reference, default methods
You can write Java8 style code(e.g. lambda, method/constructor reference,
etc.) when Parrot parser is enabled :-)
See https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser

> Is there then a major difference in language between 2.6+Parrot and 3.0?

3.0 enables Parrot parser by default, so no differences.

> I wonder if the IntelliJ support ticket should be updated to say support
> new language features in Groovy 2.6 as well?

I see the title contains "Groovy 3", so I am not sure if it will support 2.6

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun