Hi all,

I have a very basic question regarding authentication on apache...I have in
my httpd.conf a section like below :
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "By Invitaion Only"
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd/passwords
    Require valid-user

    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

So whenever a browser first sends a cgi-bin request, authentication is done
by userid and password...Whenever subsequent requests come for cgi-bin,
authentication is not required provided the browser has not been closed. How
is this done ?

I know that this is not a problem but I would like to know just for my
information.

Thanx
Anand