I'm using Apache 1.3.33 on FreeBSD 4.7.
I am trying to set up authenticated webdav.

I can make this work with AuthType Basic

<Location /foo/>
  DAV On
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Restricted"
  AuthUserFile /path/to/file
  <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS>
    Require user myuser
  </LimitExcept>
  <Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS>
    Require valid-user
  </Limit>
</Location>

I tried to make it work with AuthType Digest following syntax found at
http://www.gregwestin.com/webdav_for_ical.php

<Location /foo/>
  DAV On
  AuthType Digest
  AuthName "Restricted"
  AuthDigestFile /path/to/file
  <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS>
    Require user myuser
  </LimitExcept>
  <Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS>
    Require valid-user
  </Limit>
</Location>

but I got "misconfiguration" errors from Apache.

I also tried AuthUserFile here instead of AuthDigestFile with no success.
I rebuilt the passwords in the htpasswd file. I rebuilt them with the -m
flag. I get errors.

I'm back to Basic for the time being.

I assume I'm missing something simple and fundamental.
What else do I need to know to use AuthType Digest?
--
Vicki Brown          ZZZ
Journeyman Sourceror:  zz  |\     _,,,---,,_     Code, Docs, Process,