You can put an .htaccess file in the root folder for the site and
that will make it require a password for anyone logging in.  Also
I believe that you can set the IP address in httpd.conf to allow only
192.168.x.x to be allowed to access the page.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html

Will give you the instructions you need to do what you are looking to do.

Steve