I have Nagios running on a RHE3 server with Apache
version 2.0.46 and planned to migrate it to a newer
server using RHE4.  The install for the new system is
standard with the needed libraries for building source
code.  The Apache on the new system is version 2.0.52.
 I updated the changes on the httpd.conf for Nagios,
and the install and all the files were tar'd over and
everything appeared to be correct.

Nagios is working and monitoring.  The problem comes
with the authentication.  I am using
.htaccess/htpasswd basic and it works fine on the old
system.  I can authenticate on the new server, but
Nagios on its web page the cgi does not appear to see
the authentication for the "REMOTE_USER", so I cannot
look at the pages.  After some checking around and
dumping the env variables,  the difference is that
none of the REMOTE_ variables are being displayed on
the new system webpage.

I have checked and the Apache config files seem
correct and set up.  I did find that the new host RHE4
is built with SELinux, while the older one is not.  I
heard that this may be the real issue, but I am not
familiar yet with SELinux.  If anyone has advice,
please let me know.

Thanks.