On 6/16/05, Richard DeWath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nagios is working and monitoring.  The problem comes
> with the authentication.  I am using
> .htaccess/htpasswd basic and it works fine on the old
> system.  I can authenticate on the new server, but
> Nagios on its web page the cgi does not appear to see
> the authentication for the "REMOTE_USER", so I cannot
> look at the pages.  After some checking around and
> dumping the env variables,  the difference is that
> none of the REMOTE_ variables are being displayed on
> the new system webpage.

Are you saying you don't have REMOTE_ADDR?  That would be very
strange.  I've never seen that before, so if that is true, you should
probably take this up on a Redhat forum to see if it is something they
did.

Otherwise, the most likely explanation is that the CGI is not actually
protected by http authentication.  Try accessing the CGI script
directly (not through an html page) from a freshly-launched browser
and make sure you get the auth prompt.

> I have checked and the Apache config files seem
> correct and set up.  I did find that the new host RHE4
> is built with SELinux, while the older one is not.  I
> heard that this may be the real issue, but I am not
> familiar yet with SELinux.  If anyone has advice,
> please let me know.

See:
Start by turning off selinux entirely to see if that makes any difference.

Joshua.