Werner Schalk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> well of course I could use HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR instead of REMOTE_ADDR in all
> my scripts but the problem is that I have some customers and their scripts
> are relying on REMOTE_ADDR so I don't want to ask them to change their
> scripts...

Ah.  Is everything you're concerned about written in PHP?  If so,
perhaps PHP has some mechanism for running a bit of code before each
PHP file is loaded; I believe this is possible with mod_perl, for
example.  Maybe the PHP folks would have some useful ideas.

Otherwise it sounds like you're stuck writing a small Apache module,
or hiring somebody to write one for you.  Sounds like a hassle, but at
least a moderately interesting hassle.  :)

----ScottG.