Why do you imagine it would?

You've told apache that if it receives a request for otherserver.mydomain.com,
to make a new different request for http://60.234.nnn.nn:8008/. So the internal
server sees a request which doesn't even have a hostname header (you're using
an IP in the rewrite).

To do it the way you want to, you'll have to give names to the internal sites
(mapping to the 60.234.nn.nnn IP) and then refer to them by name in the
RewriteRule.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Any suggestions?

> Regards
>
> Cameron

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege