Hi,

I have installed Apache and MySQL on my Linux machine.
Now I am trying to install PHP5. I did

# configure --with-mysql
--with-apxs2=usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-libxml-dir=/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

but it complained about

configuring extensions
checking whether to enable LIBXML support... yes
checking libxml2 install dir...
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
configure: error: libxml2 version 2.5.10 or greater
required

So I went to xmlsoft.org and downloaded
libxml2-2.6.11-1.src.rpm

Then I did
# rpmbuild --rebuild libxml2-2.6.11-1.src.rpm

but it still gave me "version 2.5.10 or greater
required" error.

Is it because my libxml2 was not updated, even after I
did "rpmbuild --rebuild"?

Thanks,
Joe