I installed libxml2-2.6.19, and the problem about
libxml when I configured php is gone. Thanks for your
help.

However, when I did
# ./configure --with-mysql
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-libxml-dir=~/xml/libxml2-2.6.19
checking for MySQL support... yes
checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX
socket... no
checking for MySQL UNIX socket location...
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under
yes.
Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled
anymore.

I tried to find mysql*.h, but I could not find it. Is
there special configuration that I need to do when
installed MySQL in order to use MySQL with PHP? I
could run mysql on my Linux machine.

I apologize for sending my question to this email
group, but there are many apache experts are familiar
with PHP and MySQL installations.

Thanks,
Joe