OK. I figured out to place the path in /etc/init.d/httpd and now I can find the program. Now I'm getting the error:

sh:/opt/java/bin/java: Permission denied

The permissions on java are 755, which should allow execution. Is there something that prevents CGI scripts from calling other binaries?

Thanks.

Thom Hehl wrote:

I have a CGI program that calls a java program. I have placed the java/bin directory into my PATH in /etc/bashrc (Redhat Linux) and can run my CGI fine from the command prompt. When I execute it through the web server, though, I get the following message in my error.log:

"sh: java: command not found"

I am reading this as Apache cannot find the java binary. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe a path somewhere in httpd.conf?

Thanks