How much RAM? httpd and mysql are neither very large, but it sounds like you've exhausted virtual memory and are swapping yourself to death on your hard drive. Also, what speed is your hard drive.

You probably shouldn't be running both of those with less than 256M of RAM.

Michael wrote:

I have setup apache on RH 9.2 on local netowork and installed Mysql with PHP. I have also put e-commerce site just for testing and evrything is running slowely. I mean everytime the site queries the server it stopps for 2 seconds and loads the pages. WHat would be optizmized configuration for apache to run fast. I'm sure that this confuration because i used the same site on the wan on moreless same hardware and its flying the only problem is that i cannot look the confugration on that server. Please help