I`m sorry for providing wrong link to you guys but i`m on the lan and when i typed in the address it was working and i forgot that i was on the lan. hehe Anyway please take look again at http://new.bio-world.com and help me figure out why the page stops for 2 seconds after each click?. Second question arrised when i was playing with apache: when you click on the above link the address will redirect you to http://ip/bioworld . How can i maintain the new.bio-world.com name instead of that ip ? Would that be the servername in httpd.conf ?? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 2:45 AM
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Speed

Christopher;

I do not think so.

new.bio-world.com is resolved correctly. The problem is that it makes a redirect to http://192.168.1.15/bioworld/.

Some thoughts:
- new.bio-world.com is a reverse proxy that forwards requests to 192.168.1.15 but does not include adequate ProxyPassReverse directives. When the backend server issues a redirect, the Location header is not rewritten. - new.bio-world.com is NAT'ed to the internal address 192.168.1.15. It issues a redirect, but since the ServerName 192.168.1.15 and UseCanonicalName On, it redirects to the internal address. To me the solution in that case would be to set ServerName new.bio-world.com

So Mike, do not touch your DNS configuration. It's just dandy. Fix your Apache configuration.

-ascs

PS: Here's the output of HTTPWatch. (Think I'll buy some stocks in Simtec)

Started Time Size Meth Result Type URL
00:00:00.000 0.423 452 GET 302 Redirect to http://192.168.1.15/bioworld/ http://new.bio-world.com/
00:00:00.444 7.523 * GET Aborted * http://192.168.1.15/bioworld/