Cool well I managed to get an NPH version working just fine.  Thanks.  :)

I'm interested now as to what the official behaviour should be.  Is it
invalid for a non-NPH script to set Transfer-Encoding to "chunked"?
The paragraph you quote from the CGI spec doesn't mention any headers
in particular.

On 9/3/05, André Malo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Paul Richards wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm attempting to write a CGI script response which has the
> > Transfer-Encoding header set to "cunked".  Apache is buffering the
> > output and erroneously adding a Content-Length header which is
> > forbidden by the HTTP spec [1].
>
> Well, this is a bad thing.
> The CGI spec (RFC 3875) says:
>
> | The script MUST NOT return any header fields that relate to
> | client-side communication issues and could affect the server's
> | ability to send the response to the client.  [...]
>
> I'd suggest using an nph-script.
>
> nd
> --
> Das, was ich nicht kenne, spielt stückzahlmäßig *keine* Rolle.
>
>                                    -- Helmut Schellong in dclc

Paul Richards