Hi all,

I'm running Apache 2.0.54 on a Sun Solaris 8.

I have two domains pointing to the external IP address at the server, server1.foo.com and server2.foo.com.

server1.foo.com is served by the Apache server and server2.foo.com is served by an internal server on our intranet, this server is runs Microsoft-IIS/5.0.

I use VirtualHost to split requests to server1.foo.com and server2.foo.com in following way:

---- httpd.conf START ----

ServerName server1.foo.com

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>

  DocumentRoot /usr/local/http/server1

  ServerName server1.foo.com

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>

  DocumentRoot /usr/local/http/server2

  ServerName server2.foo.com

</VirtualHost>

---- httpd.conf END ----

This seems to work just fine.

Then I'm using Dynamic Mirror (ReWrite) to make the internal web server (server2.foo.com, with internal IP address 192.168.0.100)  available on the Internet. I have following in my httpd.conf :

---- httpd.conf START ----

<Directory /usr/local/http/server2>

  RewriteEngine  on

  RewriteBase    /usr/local/http/server2

  RewriteRule    ^(.*) http://192.168.0.100/$1   [P]

</Directory>

---- httpd.conf END ----

This also seems to work quite nice, BUT I have the following line in one HTML page on the internal server (server2.foo.bar ):

<BODY background="" bar.gif">

The background image will NOT be shown when accessing server2.foo.com from Internet. If I access the server internal ( http://192.168.0.100) it works just fine, the background image with be shown.

If I change the HTML page to:

<BODY background="">

The background will be shown when accessing server2.foo.com from Internet.

Is there something wrong with my Apache configuration or is this a known problem?

Is there a solution to my problem other than change all filenames on the internal server (remove blank spaces) and change all references in the HTML files?

Thanks in advance,

Christian