William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Alex Karasulu wrote:

Hello,

I have a very unusual problem running httpd 1.3.27 on Solaris 2.8. The daemon is forking and consuming 80-95% of the CPU and meanwhile requests are just hanging. Nothing seems to be making it into the logs. We're totally perplexed about this one. Unfortunately these production systems can't be upgraded to 2.0 due to 3rd party plugins that do not support Apache httpd 2.0.

It can be updated to 1.3.33 as there should be no binary breakage, and
if this just started happening, it's indicitive of a DoS attack... there
are a number of recently closed vulnerabilities.

Thanks we'll give that a try!

Alex