On 10/27/05, Ben Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Acting as a caller, I can indeed reach a specific ascii file, but I cannot
> reach the intervening directory.  My hope was to contact someone who
> has the combination same as mine (some html and some ascii) in order
> to privately ask what should be my settings.

As has been said about a half-dozen times, html and ascii has nothing
to do with it.

Here's what you do next:  Open up httpd.conf in an editor (and any
other config files that apache may be using depending on your OS).
Search through this file for every instance of the Options directive
and make sure that every single one of them includes "Indexes" in the
list of options.  Then restart apache.

If it still doesn't work, tell us exactly what URL you are trying, and
exactly what happens when you try it, including the EXACT contents of
the error log.

Joshua.