On 10/31/05, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 31 October 2005 13:58, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the (best) way to connect a C++ server with Apache?
>
> What's the language got to do with it?

Not much, but if it was PHP, mod_php would be an alternative.

> Use whatever protocol your
> backend supports.

I don't have an existing backend.
In fact, I've got nothing at all yet for this project.

> > AJP looks usable, but I'm not sure if it's the right way.
>
> Apache's proxy framework is one option.  DBD is another.

The proxy framework would require my backend to export an HTTP interface?
Is DBD the Database-independent framework with driver?
How would that be useful for this?

> > CGI is no option for performance reasons.
>
> Have you benchmarked it?  Most backends (eg anything using servlets)
> impose a far bigger overhead than CGI.

No, but I'd like my application server to be persistent in order to
use smart caching.
And it should scale to 100 - 1000 requests/s.

> > There is no open source FastCGI implementation available (it seems).
>
> Really?

I guess I didn't look good enough. But that's not part of the standard
Apache distribution is it?