This is my favorite, kind of a standard:

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

On Nov 12, 2005, at 10:25 AM, David P. Donahue wrote:

I'm looking for some recommendations for freeware (open source a plus, but not really necessary) log analyzers. I've found various projects on the subject around sourceforge and freshmeat, but I'm wondering if anybody's been happy with anything in particular. Specifically, I need something that will output a little HTML-based (other formats a plus) summary with charts and graphs and such. Kind of like this:

http://www.the-sanctuary.info/logs

Of course, I looked up that product and it costs far too many monies. Basically, I'm going to be hosting some websites for family and friends, and hopefully branching out into a small business as such. I'd like to include a traffic analysis page like this for clients to help sell the service.

Has anyone used something with which they've been pretty happy? Ideally, if it can run on Linux and have the analysis be cron-able (that is, doesn't require a GUI to be running) that would be awesome.

Regards,
David P. Donahue
[EMAIL PROTECTED]