* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I "solved" this problem by substituting "%20" with "+" characters.
> Apparently, mod_rewrite doesn't convert "+" to spaces as it does with
> "%20".

Your "problem" is home-made. mod_rewrite always works on the unescaped
URI-path and you're explicitly specifying by using [NE] that no escaping
on the final string should be done. So you end up with unescaped characters
in this final string (not only spaces will be a problem).

> I say "solved", as this is a hack, and I hate hacks... :(

Ha! Then mod_rewrite shouldn't is not a tool for you at all ;-)

nd