Hi Joshua,

the httpd is actually the name of the script that calls the httpd binary (see below):

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]$ cat httpd
#!/sbin/sh
#
# Start up the Apache web server

case "$1" in
'start')
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib;export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
if [ -x /usr/local/apache_1.3.33_ssl/bin/httpd -a -f /usr/users/itisgrp/servers/able/apache-conf/httpd.conf ]; then
                echo "Starting the able Apache web server"
                echo "\thttp://itis-appdev.harvard.edu:10061";
                echo "\thttps://itis-appdev.harvard.edu:10062";
/usr/local/apache_1.3.33_ssl/bin/httpd -f /usr/users/itisgrp/servers/able/apache-conf/httpd.conf
        fi
        ;;

'stop')
        pid=`cat /usr/users/itisgrp/servers/able/logs/httpd.pid`
        if [ X = "$pid"X ]; then
                echo "HTTPD is not running, or pid file was shot dead."
        else
                /usr/bin/kill $pid
        fi
        ;;
'restart')
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;

*)
        echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop | restart }"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac
exit 0

Kenny

At 02:36 PM 11/22/2005 -0500, you wrote:
On 11/22/05, Ken Murach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Hi Joshua,
>
>  Found out that for solaris, use the truss command instead of strace so I
> ran the truss command (see below):
>
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]$ truss -o /tmp/output httpd start

I don't know what that "httpd" is, but it certainly isn't the one that
comes from httpd.apache.org, becuase "start" is not a valid httpd
command line option.

In any case, you should try using the -X command line option to force
httpd into single-process mode for the truss.

Joshua.