Hi all

I'm a complete Apache noob and am having no luck getting an addition to the mod_alias section of my httpd.conf file working. I found and followed a tutorial here: http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/ 2003/05/16/web_files.html but it didn't work.

Here's what I added to httpd.conf:

Alias /images/ "/Users/mycomputer/Desktop/pmsnapshots/"

<Directory "/Users/mycomputer/Desktop/pmsnapshots/">
      Options Indexes MultiViews
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
</Directory>

Next I set the permissions on the target folder to group->www readonly

Then when I type 'localhost/images/' or '127.0.0.1/images/' into a Safari or Firefox address bar, I get:
"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at mycomputer.local Port 80"

Does anyone know whether Mac OS Tiger has some additional settings somewhere that need to be changed to allow the above to work?

Thanks for any help

Ken