Unternaehrer Stefano wrote:
Hi all.
On our webserver, every single project need to have a personal
Apache installation, with specific configurations. At the moment
I have one Apache on port 80, and three Tomcat reachable through
this Apache thanks to the mod_jk library. This is solved.

Suppose that this Apache has url http://www.mydomain.org
<http://www.mydomain.org> I have now installed a second Apache, running on port 90, but
I need to be offer the services of this second Apache alto through
the standard port 80. The client (guest) must never see port 90.
I suppose the mod_jk module cannot help me in this case, so I'm looking for a way to configure the first Apache with something like this: if I ask for http://apache2.mydomain.org <http://apache2.mydomain.org> , so redirect this request to the Apache running on port 90. Is this possible, and how? If easier to configure, the url
http://www.mydomain.org/apache2 <http://www.mydomain.org/apache2>  could
also be used to reach the second Apache.

Try looking the mod_proxy way.

It can be done by making apache2.mydomain.org the 2nd name of your server and with the commands :
ProxyPass / www.mydomain.org:90/
ProxyPassReverse / www.mydomain.org:90/

With the second solution, it would be :
ProxyPass /apache2 www.mydomain.org:90/