On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Jerry Baker wrote:
Currently I have to set up one container for "regular" port 80 access and another container for SSL access. Since each virtual host has a large and massively different configuration than the others, it is a pain to make sure that the port 80 vhost and the SSL vhost configurations remain synchronized.

Use includes. My config (for one ssl and plain vhost) is something like:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        Include /etc/httpd/partial-sites/foo.conf
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:443>
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile    ssl/foo.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile ssl/foo.pem
        SSLCACertificateFile  ssl/CA_Test.crt

        Include /etc/httpd/partial-sites/foo.conf
</VirtualHost>

And then in /etc/httpd/partial-sites/foo.conf I have all the common stuff (server name, document root, directory entries etc)

Nick