Quoting "Wagner, Aaron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

That's nice but it doesn't fix the blank lines it just skips them in the
file parse.  I think he wants to clean the file.  If the file gets big,
he could take a performance hit skipping multiple lines.

If you ran the script you would see that the output file doesn't have the blank
lines. You can easily make the output file the same as the input file, so you
end up with a cleaned file.

I wrote & tested the script before I posted it.

Ken