On Monday 02 January 2006 22:57, Dave Beach wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I'm having a small problem. I have basic authentication set up (httpd
> v2.2.0), and it works as I would expect - except that when a user requests
> a Windows Media file (wmv) from a subordinate page, the client browser
> prompts again for the user's credentials.

That's the browser doing the prompting.  Which means the *browser*
sees the wmv file as not being within the already-authenticated area.

You need to sort out your URL space.  The internal organisation of
Apache (thngs like directories) is not relevant (except indirectly,
when it affects URL space).

There's a FAQ entry that might be relevant to you.

--
Nick Kew