On 1/19/06, info. raa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone send me an httpd.conf file with the configurations necessary
> to run a member's only site?
> I have tried the following code inside a directory container, have
> created a passwd folder and the proper user/password file, but had no
> sucess.

"had no success" is not very descriptive.  Exactly what happened?
Exactly what was in the error and access logs?

> # Controls who can get stuff from this server.
> Order allow, deny

No space between allow, and deny please.

> Allow from 192.168
> Deny from all

The deny is evaluated last according to the allow statement and
therefore denies all access.  I think you want "Order deny,allow".
Iff what you want is to allow from 192.168 OR if the person has a
password, then you also need to add "Satisfy Any".

> # Security measures
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Restricted Files"
> AuthUserFile /Library/Apache2/passwd/passwords
> Require valid-user

This looks basically fine.

Joshua.