Joshua, Tks for the reply. I'll try it.

On 19 de Jan de 2006, at 12:25 PM, Joshua Slive wrote:

On 1/19/06, info. raa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can anyone send me an httpd.conf file with the configurations necessary
to run a member's only site?
I have tried the following code inside a directory container, have
created a passwd folder and the proper user/password file, but had no
sucess.

"had no success" is not very descriptive.  Exactly what happened?
Exactly what was in the error and access logs?

Order allow, deny

No space between allow, and deny please.

Allow from 192.168
Deny from all

The deny is evaluated last according to the allow statement and
therefore denies all access.  I think you want "Order deny,allow".
Iff what you want is to allow from 192.168 OR if the person has a
password, then you also need to add "Satisfy Any".

# Security measures
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted Files"
AuthUserFile /Library/Apache2/passwd/passwords
Require valid-user

This looks basically fine.

Joshua.