Hello List,

I have been trying to isolate attacks on my server where someone is
using apache to send spam from my host. I have been hit quite a bit in
the past 2 days. Some of my websites have web forms, but I'm pretty sure
that they are tight.

This is a new
line item in my daily Logwatch in the sendmail area that just started to
appear with the spam attacks:

<snip>
Authentication warnings:
    apache set sender to [EMAIL PROTECTED] using -f: 7 Times(s)
</snip>
([EMAIL PROTECTED] is a real user on my host.)

Does anybody know what this means?
Where should I start to find the problem?

I am using Redhat9
Apache/2.0.40
php-4.2.2-17.2
sendmail-8.12.8-9.90