Searched the net and could not find any really good resources on LocationMatch and regular expressions. What I'm attempting to do appears to be straight forward, but I can't get it to work. I'm using Apache 2.2.0 build from XAMPP for Windows. I'm running Apache Cocoon, and need to direct http://something/xx and http://something/XX to http://something/XX (and other lower-upper case combinations) so that the ProxyPass can forward to /XX to Ccooon. The following works:

<Location /xx>
ProxyPass balancer://myCluster/XX/
</Location>
<Location /XX>
ProxyPass balancer://myCluster/XX/
</Location>

I've tried the following using regular expressions, but none are working:

<LocationMatch /(XX|xx)>
ProxyPass balancer://myCluster/XX/
</LocationMatch>

<LocationMatch "/(XX|xx)">
ProxyPass balancer://myCluster/XX/
</LocationMatch>

<LocationMatch /[xX][xX]>
ProxyPass balancer://myCluster/XX/
</LocationMatch>

<LocationMatch "/[xX][xX]">
ProxyPass balancer://myCluster/XX/
</LocationMatch>

I'm obviously missing something when it comes to regular expressions and LocationMatch. I've successfully accomplished similar things redirecting resources using redirectMacth and complex regular expressions, so I have a feel for using regular expressions.

Gary T. Schultz
IT Administrator
Wisconsin Department of Commerce
201 W. Washington Ave