I have a site that shows weather forecasts.  I would like create a
RewriteRule to redirect to the proper URL when someone appends their zipcode
to the base url.

i.e. http://weather.domain.com/12345 ->
http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/weather/weather.pl?zip=12345

So far, I have tried several methods but cannot get it to work.  Here are my
current rules in the .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine   On
RewriteRule     ^/([^/]*)
http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/weather/weather.pl?zip=$1 [PT,QSA]

I have also tried each of the following:

RewriteRule     ^/([^/][0-9])
http://www.searching.com/cgi-bin/weather/weather.pl?zip=$1 [PT,QSA]
RewriteRule     ^/([^/][0-9]{5})
http://www.searching.com/cgi-bin/weather/weather.pl?zip=$1 [PT,QSA]
RewriteRule     ^/([0-9]{5})
http://www.searching.com/cgi-bin/weather/weather.pl?zip=$1 [PT,QSA]
RewriteRule     ^/([0-9])
http://www.searching.com/cgi-bin/weather/weather.pl?zip=$1 [PT,QSA]

None of these have worked.  I simply get a 404 Not Found error.  However, I
know that mod_rewrite is working as I had another rule in place for
redirecting anything that goes to that page to the default URL.

Any ideas?

---
Thank You,
Jason Williard