Are both the original and linked to PHP/HTML files in the
VirtualHost's DocumentRoot directive?  For example, if you have:

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:80>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
</VirtualHost>

and your original file is /var/www/html/index.php, and you are trying
to link to /var/www/php/page2.php, it is going to not allow you to
access it.   Post your VirtualHost directives and the full paths to
your files if this does not work.

-Victor