I have had a breakthrough, though I do not have a solution yet. In my .conf file, there is a line that reads

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.shtml.
Beneath that line, later in the .conf file, I have this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/new_FTP-Server/
   <Directory /Library/WebServer/new_FTP-Server/>
     AllowOverride None
     Options Indexes ExecCGI IncludesNoExec
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

So, what I believe is going on here is this. Even though I have a line that reads "Options Indexes" inside the <Directory> tags, which are inside the <VirtualHost> tags, the DirectoryIndex line at the top of the .conf file is overriding the "Options Indexes" later in the file. Could this be? If so, why? If the DirectoryIndex line should not (or does not) override the "Options Indexes" line later in the file, then I guess I am back at the original problem.

Thanks for your help everyone!

-Jonathan
Jonathan S. Abrams wrote: