What OS are you migrating to?

If it's Windows you should be able to run a DOS command-line
prompt, so your current DOS programs should work ok.

If you are migrating to a Linux system, there is DOS-Emu and
xdosemu, which are DOS emulators.

http://www.dosemu.org/
http://linux.maruhn.com/sec/xdosemu.html

Another possiblilty worth looking into might be to use XML.

This would allow you to use things like XSLT to generate
several different output formats, all from a single source
or set of source files.

Keith

In practice they are not.