Is your firewall blocking port 80?

-Jonathan

zhou jian wrote:

The strange thing is that I can access with
http://127.0.0.1/index.html. Does this one related to
firewall?

--- zhou jian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

# This should be changed to whatever you set
DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/apache2_rt/htdocs">
   #
   # Possible values for the Options directive are
"None", "All",
   # or any combination of:
   #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
   #
   # Note that "MultiViews" must be named
*explicitly* --- "Options All"
   # doesn't give it to you.
   #
   # The Options directive is both complicated and
important.  Please see
   #

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options
   # for more information.
   #
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
#
   # AllowOverride controls what directives may be
placed in .htaccess files.
   # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of
the keywords:
   #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
   #
   AllowOverride None
#
   #
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all

The above is the directory options in my conf file.
It
is standard configuration. And I changed all the
permission to 777 for the htdocs directory. But it
still doesn't work!

--- "Jonathan S. Abrams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Check the directory options in your conf file and
the permissions on the folder containing index.html.

-Jonathan

zhou jian wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Once I started the httpd, I tried to visit the
website
with http://127.0.0.1/index.html. It showed " It
works
".

Then I tried my ipaddress
http://myipaddress/index.html. It showed the
following
error message.

You don't have permission to access /index.html
on
this server.

Any ideas on this?

--Paul