On 3/6/06, Boyle Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All you do to change the docroot is edit the argument to the DocumentRoot
> directive
> and then restart the server.
Yes, I changed this:
ServerRoot "/etc/apache2"
to this:
ServerRoot "/home/dotancohen/www/public_html"

> Of course, you have to do this in the correct file... Your posts so far
> indicate that you
> are not certain which config file or files are actually being loaded so I
> strongly
> suspect you are doing the right thing in the wrong file.
From phpinfo() I found that the correct file is:
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf

> Did you try the trick of putting a deliberate syntax error in the file  -
> just type "wibble"
> as the first line in the file - that's an easy way to check you're working on
> the correct
> file (should cause an error when you try to restart, if it starts OK, your
> file is not
> being loaded).
Yes, and when I try to restart I get:
Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
Invalid command 'fuckup', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

> How are you starting/restarting apache? Are you using apachectl?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# /usr/sbin/apache2ctl restart

> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen